1879 $2.50 Gold Liberty - NGC MS-61
This is a nice low mintage Philadelphia issue that is a desirable coin.
- Contains .1209 oz of Gold.
- This coin has a mintage of 88,960.
- NGC encapsulation guarantees the MS-61 condition.
- Obverse: Shows Liberty, facing left, encircled by 13 stars with the word "Liberty" on her hair band.
- Reverse: Features a heraldic eagle with a shield on its breast. Surrounding the eagle is "United States of America" and the denomination.
- Designed by Christian Gobrecht and minted from 1840-1907.
- U.S. Mint issue from the Philadelphia mint.